Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 5~Excuses, Excuses

Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
-Matthew 8:19-22

"Our struggle with excuses is the test of our commitment to Christ. Make no mistake: in a thousand choices to obey, we are faced with several thousand excuses to turn away. All of them seem 'reasonable'." -David Nasser

It is so easy to make excuses. Every day I make excuses like "I can start tomorrow" or "I just don't have time right now!" We often miss what God is trying to do in our lives because we are too busy trying to make excuses. Obeying God requires a lot of effort and courage. The question we must ask ourselves, is are we willing to seek God with all of our hearts or will we make excuses to get out of what He is asking us to do because it is just too hard?

David Nasser says, "If you have the slightest clue about being bought by the blood of Jesus, you won't see how much you can get away with." How true!

No comments: