Friday, January 18, 2008

And the Journey Continues...




















Ironically the theme for my "Sweet 16" this past May was "And the Journey Continues..." and my journey in this life has taken many twists and turns--but all for God's best for my life. Since this past May I have attended the largest public school in the U.S., been a Brio Girl top 4 finalist, packed up my house (well, helped my Mom pack!), gone house shopping, found a house (today!!!), made new friends, prepared for a new school on Tuesday, and just enjoyed the ride.
The other day I read Proverbs 3:5-6 and it has really just stuck with me.

Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.



What a significant verse. I have to admit that I am not always trusting God with all of my heart. This past week I was getting a bit stressed out because we hadn't found a house yet, but then I had to calm myself down and think of Proverbs 3:5-6. I had to remind myself that God has a plan for my family and that He has the perfect house for us....which He did provide for us last night and today! But then again even today I began to slip back into "Emily mode" (the time when I stress out because I don't have all the information) because I am starting at a new school on Tuesday and with that comes new teachers and new friends and a completely new routine. I am SO excited to be moved to Ocala, but I am definitely still nervous for my first day of school. I mean this is a monumental year for me with SATs and college applications and grades....etc. It is pretty easy to get STRESSED OUT! But that is when I remind myself to repeat those precious words from Proverbs:



Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.



Right now God is teaching me to enjoy the moment. You know, stop and smell the roses. Yes this is an important time for my future with decisions about college, but I don't need to be obsessed with everything being perfect. I just need to trust God with my future. He IS the One who planned it all out. He IS the One who created me. And He IS the One who knows me better than anyone else knows me. He knows me better than I even know myself.

So instead of trying to take the reigns of my life, be in control, and have everything perfect I am going to work on "letting my hair loose" and just following God on this journey called life. I once heard a quote that has really changed my perspective on a lot of things: "Life is not about the air we breathe, but about the moments that take our breathe away." Those moments require a complete trust in God as we place our future solely in His hands. But let me tell you, it is not easy. I am still working on it. I am working on it as I type this post. I will work on it tomorrow and then next day and the next. But isn't that what life is all about.....you take it one step at a time, every day.



And the journey continues...

No comments: