Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My First Hope Huddle Group!

Tonight was absolutely amazing. I don't think that I can clearly describe it perfectly for you, but I will try my best. Picture 12 people earnestly seeking the face of God together. Our Bibles were open and constantly being searched through for God's direction. Hearts were unfolded as we allowed ourselves to stand vulnerably before their peers. Questions were asked and wrestled through. We may not have reached a definite conclusion on everything, but we left excited to explore for next week's study.


Tonight was my first Hope Huddle with some teens in my church, Church of Hope. We met at an amazing couples' home and under their guidance, really worked through some tough issues in our faith. We were able to understand each other so much better. It opened up doors for the ability to keep each other accountable as well. Tonight some of the verses that we read came from the book of James. In James 1:22-24, the Bible says, "Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like." One of the goals of our Hope Huddle is to really implement the Word of God into our lives in order to create a rock solid foundation built on Christ alone. I know that I do not want to walk away from reading God's Word or from Sunday morning church or my small group and quickly forget everything that God was trying to teach me. I truly want to live what I hear and preach!


If you aren't involved in a small group I would strongly encourage you to find or start one! Talk to your youth pastor or some adult leaders that you respect. Gather a group of your friends and meet once a week to talk about what you learned on Sunday and what God has been showing you throughout the week. Your life will be forever changed. I know mine sure has--I cannot wait for next Wednesday night!

No comments: