Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Rising Band The A's




I decided to do an interview on a new band, The A's The lead singers, Allison and Ashley, are sisters who are chasing after Jesus and reaching out to teens with the message of God's love.

Why did you start the band The A's?

We started the band The A's because both of us want to be able to make a difference in the world and share our faith to everyone and anyone. Since we are musically talented, we figured the best and most interesting way for us to do it would be through music.

How did you come up with the band's name?

We were trying to come up with a rockish name at one of our band meetings and we just thought of The A's. It stands for the lead singer's names, Allie and Ashley.

Who are the band members?
As of right now our band members are Allison Reefer: bass & vocals, Ashley Reefer: guitar & vocals, Nolan Sovik: keyboard, and Lucas Hartwig: lead guitar. We are still searching for a drummer so right now our Dad is covering that area. Everything is still very unstable, but we're hoping that after we find a drummer, we will have the permanent members of our band.

What is your favorite song and why?

My favorite song would have to be "Song For You." The inspiration for this song came from the Krystal Meyers song, "Hallelujah." I love this song because it expresses the reason why I sing and why I write songs. It's a praise to Jesus and everything He's done for me and the rest of the world. Without Him, my music is worthless noise not even worth listening to.

What is The A's number one goal?

Our goal for The A's is to bring hope to people's lives and help change the world. I, personally, have a passion to change this world for the better. Each song has a different message, but all of them conclude that Jesus is the solution to everything in life. From making huge decisions to love to friendship to the immoral way the world has become, the songs are about real life situations. I don't write a song about a girl who loses herself in the ways of the world if I haven't either experienced it personally or seen it happen. Everyone, including myself, is able to relate to the subjects these songs address. I make it that way so that it has a better impact on people. We want to bring Jesus into people's lives and make them realize that no matter what they're going through, He is all they need.

How did you come to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?

Allie- When I was 4, I accepted Jesus into my heart. Of course, being little, I didn't completely understand what that meant. All I knew was I didn't want to go to hell. Then, when I was 6 or 7, they had an invitation at Kids Krusade and I decided that I was going to make myself sure of my faith. I knew for sure that I was saved then and I finally understood that you don't get saved so that you don't go to hell. You get saved because Jesus loves you. I've had my ups and downs in life, but through it all, Jesus was and is always there for me.

Ashley- When I was about 4 I got saved at Kids Krusade, and I have been a Christian ever since. I have had my share of rough spots. I've lagged in my devotions and time with God, but I always come running back and try so hard to stick with it.....even when things in life are hectic. Being involved with this band and the experience has only led me closer to God. I learn new things everyday and he is always working in our lives.

To learn more about The A's and hear some of their songs visit their website at http://www.myspace.com/livesfound

Thank you Allison and Ashley for your love for Jesus and your willingness to serve Him. He is using you in HUGE ways!






No comments: