Saturday, November 24, 2007

Day 11~Bought and Paid For

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
-1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"When we focus on meeting our own needs, we are slaves to ourselves and our sins...where your greatest passion lies, there lies your God."
-David Nasser

Who, or what, am I living for today? Am I living to impress those around me? Am I living to find the best deals at the mall? Am I living to get the best grade in my Algebra class? Am I living to find the "perfect" boyfriend? Am I living to be popular, wealthy, and drop-dead gorgeous? Or am I living to bring honor and glory to Jesus Christ?

"When Jesus is our master, our minds are absorbed with pleasing Him and advancing His kingdom." (Nasser) This doesn't mean that looking your best or having a boyfriend or wanting to get good grades are wrong. The main point of today's passage is to see who or what you worship. Put Jesus first....that is your greatest reward! Jesus will never leave you or forsake you. He loves you when you do look drop-dead gorgeous and He loves you with bed hair! He loves you when your breath smells like peppermint and He loves you when it smell like garlic! (You get the picture!) Serve Jesus with your entire being--you were bought with a price....Jesus chose to die for you and for me!

No comments: