Monday, April 7, 2008

The Caterpillar on My Car Window

Today as I was running errands with my Mom and sister, Katie, we saw a caterpillar on our car window. Now, we were already driving so we couldn't help the caterpillar get off the car, but we did watch it hang on for dear life! The poor little caterpillar clung to the window with all of its strength and tried to crawl off during the red lights. But a thought struck me as I watched this persistent caterpillar (I know, weird that I could get an analogy from a caterpillar, but bear with me!). This little caterpillar knew that if he didn't hang on to the window the wind would blow him off the car to his death. That would not be a good thing. We could easily compare ourselves to this situation. God is our "car window" and we are the "caterpillar" in this thing called life. We need to hang onto Jesus with all of our might. He is the only thing that leads us along the right path. Even when the wind storms against you, cling to Jesus and you will be safe.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:35-39

No comments: