Guys, guys, guys....can't live with 'em and you just can't live without 'em! But, when getting ready to date, it is extremely important to know what kind of guy to look for......the best guy to date is not necessarily the popular jock on campus.
So, what to look for in a guy?
- He is a follower of Jesus Christ.
- He puts Jesus first.
- He is a strong leader at school and youth group/church.
- He displays obvious integrity.
- He treats his mom and sisters as well as other women with respect.
- He is driven and inspired--he has a plan for his life.
- He has a good work ethic.
- He displays good hygiene--girls, this really should be a no-brainer!
- He displays wisdom with money and savings.
- He is a good listener.
These are just a couple important qualities that should be on your list of what to look for in a guy, but I definitely would encourage you to sit down and write out your own list of characteristics that you look for in a guy. Then when it comes time to actually get close to a guy, compare him to your list and don't settle for less than God's best for your life. God has that guy out there who matches up with your list and you match his list. So be specific with your qualities and know that you should not and do not need to settle for any guy out there--no matter how hot he thinks he is!