Thursday, September 2, 2010

Closed Doors & Beautiful Opportunities

"Don’t know how it is You looked at me and saw the person that I could be; awakening my heart, breaking through the dark, suddenly Your grace..."

Have you ever had one of those days when in a split second you suddenly wanted to burst into tears? It's like the world is full of endless open opportunities and then suddenly, without any warning, something happens that brings rain crashing onto your parade. Maybe you received a lower score than you needed to pass a class. Perhaps you found out that your parents who had been married for 30 years were unexpectedly getting a divorce. Or maybe a friend said something hurtful. Sometimes it just feels like doors close....and quite honestly, those feelings are extremely hard to wrestle through.

God takes us, blesses us, breaks us, and gives us out for His glory. Right in those instances of feeling like doors in your life are closing or things are suddenly falling apart, know that God is with you in that exact moment.

This past week, I felt God walking with me through a situation that broke me. The cool part was that not even 30 minutes after that door in my life closed, I began to watch God give me out for His glory. To get to that point where I could watch His plans unfold, I had to change my mindset. Quite honestly, that is extremely hard to do on my own. So I talked to two people who I knew would pray for me--and you know what, they did & I could feel it! After I released what I felt like was something closing in my life, I changed my focus to praising Him--even though I didn't understand the situation. In the midst of praising Him this week, the new open opportunities have not stopped pouring in! I seriously look back at this week utterly amazed at how one minute I was feeling like I was about to burst into tears and then the next watching God open up brand new doors right before my eyes! I know that it is a continual process of Him blessing me, breaking me, and giving me out, but I am certain of this: He has prepared me & He never leaves me. He equips me for every moment and after every single hurt or heartbreak, I know that He makes me stronger. He is making my life into something beautiful.

"Like sunlight burning at midnight, making my life something so beautiful, beautiful. Mercy reaching to save me, all that I need You are so beautiful, beautiful."


No comments: