Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm Singing in the Rain

Don't you love the roller coaster of life? One day you are relaxing on the mountain and the next day you are sulking in the valley. Life throws many challenges our way, but the question we must ask ourselves is, "Am I singing in the rain?"

Life is full of choices. We make choices everyday. We choose to get out of bed in the morning, drive to school, go to class, and talk to our friends. We also make the choice of how to respond to life's situations. When storms come our way, our tendency is to get mad at God and pull away from the people who really do care about us. However, God calls us to rejoice in Him.

Paul tells us in the book of Philippians that we should be content in every situation. That is tough advice, but through God's strength it is definitely possible. Rejoice in the day God has blessed you with. Bask in the rays of His glory and you will be more satisfied in the long run.

Philippians 4:11-13
"For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

No comments: