Thursday, November 1, 2007

Surfer Spotlight!


Today I want to focus on my fabulous sister, Katie. Katie always keeps me on my toes. Since she is a soul surfer, she just can't stop surfing! So here is a little interview to introduce you to my phenomenal sis!

What is your favorite thing about surfing?

Simply being able to ride God's creation. I feel like I am one with God's creation--He made something spectacular for me to enjoy!

What is your favorite verse in the Bible?

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

I love this verse because I know even when I mess up God is made perfect through my weaknesses.

Who are some of your favorite music groups?

Krystal Meyers, Barlowgirl, Group 1 Crew, Taylor Swift, and Rascal Flatts.

What is your favorite kind of junk food?

Definitely sour gummy worms and dr. pepper. They're totally rad!


What do you want to be when you grow up?

I would love to be a professional surfer, but if that isn't what God wants for me, I would like to be a pediatrician or sports therapist.

Who are some of your favorite surfers?

Bethany Hamilton, Matt Beacham, the Hobgoods, and Jesse Hines.

What is your favorite memory (so far) in surfing?

Definitely attending the Walking on Water surf camp in San Diego, California this past summer. While I was there I met Bethany Hamilton and the Hobgoods. I also made a lot of friends from all over the country. I loved surfing the radical waves in the "Outside". Bryan Jennings did a great job talking to us about God and how we can build a relationship with Him through surfing.

Surfer Lingo:

Stoked (You are really excited about something)
Rad (Something that is really awesome)
Gnarly (Something that is really cool)
The "Outside" (Where the big waves form)
Surf Betty (A girl who surfs)

No comments: